Instagram

Monday, October 8, 2012

Swatch alert!! Testing my Dollar Tree polishes!

Hey guys!  Just a quick swatch post for you today.  I tested out my new Dollar Tree polishes and was pretty happy with the results!  They were a bit thin but I applied 3 thin coats and they dried really quickly in between and I got full coverage with the 3 thin coats.

Here's the swatch video:


And here's the photos:
Thumb: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in 'Sheer Vanilla'
Index: same as thumb for the base, stripes were made by using Color Mates striper in 'Cocoa' (You may have seen this nail in my last post "The Mismatched Manicure")
Middle: Color Mates in 'Metallic Blue'
Ring: L.A. Colors in 'Phenomena'
Pinky: L.A. Colors in 'Circuits'
Both of these are Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in 'Teal-y Cool'.  On the left, I applied 3 coats of the teal glitter over 3 coats of Sally Hansen 'Sheer Vanilla', but when I started applying the glitter polish, the base color started peeling up.  You can see that in the center of the nail.  But, I tried that again after allowing the base color to dry COMPLETELY and it didn't peel up and came out looking great.  On the right is just 3 coats of the teal glitter.


That's all for today BUT I have another haul coming up.  I did some shopping over the weekend and picked up a few new polishes, of course!  

Thanks for reading!  See you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment