Instagram

Friday, October 5, 2012

Latest manicure! "The Mismatched Manicure"

Hey guys! I was doing some swatches tonight and I decided to do a funky little design on my nails because I liked how one of the colors I tried came out. So, here's my funky design!



I started off with 3 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails 'Sheer Vanilla' on all of my nails.
On my pinky I added gold glitter polish (Wet n Wild 'The Gold & The Beautiful').
On my ring finger, I dotted on some brown dots (China Glaze 'Mahogany Magic'). Some dots I made smaller than others by dotting on paper first before I went to the nail. Once the large brown dots were dry I dotted on some teal (Finger Paints 'Go Van Gogh') in the center of the large brown dots. I also added small teal dots to the empty spaces on my nail.
On my middle finger, I added two coats of a teal glitter (Sally Hansen 'Teal-y Cool'). It didn't come out quite as teal as I'd hoped, it looks almost like an icy blue.
 For my index finger, I used my brown nail art striper (Color Mates 'Cocoa') to draw a basket-weave sort of design by drawing lines diagonally from left to right, then diagonally from right to left. This was the nail that I swatched to test my striper and it inspired this design.  I didn't want to take it off!
I left my thumb plain with just the base color. Finally, I topped it all off with Seche Vite top coat once my nails were COMPLETELY dry.

If you like to mix up your manicures every once in a while, give this a try! Use colors that look nice together on a neutral base to really let the design stand out. Don't be afraid to try polka dots with stripes! Matchy-matchy isn't the only way!

I hope you guys enjoyed and I hope you'll give it a try! If you do, please post a photo of it in the comments! I'd love to see your creativity!!

Thanks for reading! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment