Instagram

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Nail Art Tutorial

Hey guys!  I've got another pink nail art tutorial for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Today, I did a seed bead breast cancer ribbon.



Here's what you'll need:
I used one coat of Nutra Nail Bulletproof Strengthening (I cannot stress how much I LOVE this product), followed by one coast of Seche Clear base coat.  After it was dry, I applied two coats of a hot pink polish - I used Avon Speed Dry in 'Strawberry'.  I allowed my base color to dry COMPLETELY.
Once my polish was dry, I used my dotting tool dipped into some cheapo clear polish (I used a Revlon one I've had for a while).  With my dotting tool, I drew a ribbon shape quickly and then basically dumped on some light pink seed beads (8 little bottles of different colors for $1 and Dollar Tree).  It came out really messy but I was able to clean it up and make it look like a breast cancer ribbon!  I let the ribbon design dry for a while, probably about 20 minutes, then topped with Seche Vite top coat.

Here's the finished product:
And a closeup of the ribbon: (sorry for the glare)



I love the way it came out!  It may come off in a few days but that's OK, it's for a good cause!

I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial and will give this design a try!

Thanks for reading/watching!  See you all next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment